In 1963 in RSMU for the first time ever in the world, there was formed Medicobiologic faculty for Medicobiologics (MBF). Opening of such a unique faculty in Russia was conditioned by the necessity of training scientific manpower for further work in medical research sphere and later specialists for modern medicobiological achievements implementation into medical practice, innovative technologies development, modern physical, physical-chemical and mathematical diagnostics and methods of treatment.
MBF RSMU graduates of the above mentioned majors can perform the following professional activities:
1. scientific – when acting for research associates positions in different scientific research establishments;
2. teaching – when acting for teaching positions in the sphere complying with the specialization (chemistry, biology, biochemistry, biophysics, physiology, etc.), at schools, colleges, training and higher medical educational establishments;
3. medical – when acting for the below listed positions:
- biochemist – all medical positions on postgraduate majors and specializations: doctor for clinical laboratory diagnostics, geneticist, bacteriologist, virologist, laboratory genetics and laboratory fungology physician, physician for forensic investigation on material evidence, laboratory doctor;
- biphysics doctor and cyberneticist doctor – all medical positions on postgraduate majors and specializations: doctor for clinical laboratory diagnostics, doctor for functional diagnostics, roentgenologist, doctor for ultrasonic diagnosis, radiologist, laboratory doctor.
During 45 years of the faculty existence more than 3300 specialists were trained. 859 students study nowadays at the faculty.
Among the teaching staff there are 23% professors, 31% – associate professors, 87% lecturers who have Doctor’s degree or Candidate’s of science.